If you're looking to send a message to subscribers based on the alias keyword they used to opt-in, you're in the right place. If you're looking to schedule a message to new subscribers based on the keyword they used to opt-in, check out this post.
- Click the Messaging icon in the campaign navigation bar in the top right hand corner of your campaign homescreen.
- Click the green New Message button in the top left hand corner.
- Enter your desired message in the text messaging field. Most businesses use this type of message to reward customers for becoming new subscribers, as this message is only sent after someone subscribes for the first time. If you're looking to just welcome them to your campaign, we recommend doing that in the opt-in message.
- Once you've finished composing your message, scroll down the bottom of the page and select Send to Segment.
- You'll have two options when segmenting your message, the first being the location of your subscribers (Location is), and the second being the SMS keyword the subscriber used when opting in (Keyword is). Select "Keyword is", then type in one of the keywords you have for your campaign. By doing this, you're telling Tatango to send the message you just created to only subscribers that opt-in through that specific keyword.
- That's it, finish your message as you normally would.
- After you schedule a message to subscribers, this message will be stored in Scheduled Messages.
- To learn how to edit a scheduled message to new subscribers, click here.
- The Opt-In keyword associated with a subscriber is set whenever a customer opts-in. If a customer opts-in, then uses an alias keyword in an attempt to opt-in again, the opt-in keyword will not be changed. If a customer opts-out, then opts-in again, this time with a new alias keyword, that new alias keyword will be set as that customer's opt-in keyword.
- This feature is not available for campaigns in Canada, only the United States.