Are you sending a message to your new subscribers, or have you sent a message to all of your subscribers and would like to download a report specific to that message? No problem, we've got you covered!
- Select the campaign where the message was sent from that you'd like to download your sent message report is stored by clicking the Manage button from your list of campaigns on the campaign dashboard.
- Click the Messaging icon in the campaign navigation bar in the top right hand corner of your campaign homescreen.
- If you're looking to download a message report for an after opt-in messages that is being sent to new subscribers, you'll want to click on the link that says Scheduled, below the green New Message button. Find the after opt-in message you're looking for and click the Report link for that message. If you're looking to download a message report for a message that was sent to all of your subscribers at the same time, you'll want to click on the link that says Sent, below the green New Message button. Find the sent message you're looking for and click the View Report button for that message.
- If this is the first time you've downloaded this message report, in the bottom left hand corner of the page click Download Message Report. Once the download has been prepared, click Download Message Report to download the .csv file with your message report. If you've previously download this message report, in the bottom left hand corner of the page click Regenerate Now. When it's finished preparing, click Download Message Report to download the .csv file with your message report.
- If you click Download Message Report and nothing happens, it might be your computer settings. Try right clicking Download Message Report, and selecting "open in new tab".
- You will not be able to download your message report until the message has fully completed it's data crunching, which usually takes 5 minutes.
- There may be some terms in the message report that you're not familiar with, but we've got you covered below.
Campaign ID: A number that identifies the campaign associated with the message you sent. To learn how to find your Campaign ID, click here.
Message ID: A number that identifies the message you sent. To learn how to find your Message ID, click here.
Response Code: The response we received from the wireless carrier about whether the message was successfully received by the subscriber or not. To learn what each response code means, click here.
Coupon Code: If you're using coupon codes in your message, this is where we'll display the coupon code that went to each subscriber.
Below is a screenshot of what you're .CSV file should look like after you export it.
- export, csv, excel, file