Select the campaign you wish to send a message to by clicking the Manage button from your list of campaigns on the campaign dashboard.
Click the Messaging icon in the campaign navigation bar in the top right hand corner of your campaign homescreen.
Click the green New Message button in the top left hand corner.
Enter your desired message in the text messaging field. Most businesses use this type of message to reward customers for becoming new subscribers, as this message is only sent after someone subscribes for the first time. If you're looking to just welcome them to your campaign, we recommend doing that in the opt-in message.
- Once you've finished composing your message, it's now time to decide whether you want to send your message right now, or sometime in the future. If you want to send your message right now, skip to step #11. If you want to send your messages sometime in the future, you're going to need to schedule it, so keep reading.
- To schedule a message to be sent sometime in the future, click the Schedule radio button.
- In the first drop-down, select "Exactly On".
- In the second drop-down, select the date on which you'd like to schedule your message. To do this, click on the little calendar icon and a calendar will appear. Select the date you wish to schedule your message by clicking on that specific date within the calendar.
- Once you've set the date, you can now select the time, which can be done below the first two options.
- Once you've selected the date & time to send your message, you'll have the option to send based on your timezone, or your subscriber's timezone. If this is not a national campaign, we usually recommend just sticking with scheduling messages based on your timezone. Always check to make sure your timezone is correct though, and if it isn't, follow the instructions here to set your timezone, before scheduling a message.
Click the Schedule Text Message button, or if you're sending your message right now, click the Send Text Message button at the bottom of the screen, and you'll see a pop-up asking you to confirm that you want to send/schedule this message.
- To confirm, Click the Schedule Text Message button, or if you're sending your message right now, click the Send Text Message button in the confirmation pop-up to either save and schedule this message to be sent to new subscribers in the future, or to send it right now.
- Scheduled messages are sent to all mobile phone numbers that are subscribed to the campaign when the message actually gets sent.
- After you schedule a message, this message will be stored in Scheduled messages until it's sent. Once it's sent, it will be stored in Sent message.
- To learn how to edit a scheduled message before it's sent, click here.
- If you're looking to send a message to new subscribers as they join your campaign, you'll want to do a different type of scheduling, which we call after opt-in scheduling.